As with most appliances, refrigerator shopping will be defined by your wants, requirements and budget. Technology has come a long way since the days of the old ice box and now there are a variety of styles and features to choose from when selecting a new refrigerator for your home. However, buying a new refrigerator for your household does not have to be an overwhelming task. At Earl B. Feiden Appliance Inc. we want to help you find the right refrigerator for your household, here is what you need to know to make the right choice.
Top Freezer or Bottom Freezer - Great for lots of storage in a small space. These traditional refrigerator styles place the freezer on the top or bottom and the refrigerator space on the reverse end. An average capacity of 20 cubic feet provides homeowners with a lot of space to fill, especially when compared to other styles which include ice and water dispensers that take up interior space. These refrigerators are also on the less expensive side of things so you can get the most space for your money!
French Door - Opens from the middle of the upper refrigerated compartment providing easy access to refrigerated goods. Also available in 4-door styles, which will include a pantry drawer located above the freezer section and below the main refrigerator compartment.
Side by Side - Access both the refrigerated and frozen compartments easily. Both sections are distributed vertically, although it sacrifices some of the normally allotted horizontal space. Smaller widths and narrow doors make these ideal for many small kitchens. If dispensers are included, account for decreased freezer space.
Compact - Perfect for smaller spaces, these refrigerators are scaled down versions of their larger counterparts, the downside to these, is there is often a very small or a complete lack of freezer space.
Select From Refrigerator Features
- Adjustable Shelving - Stay neat and organized in what every arrangement suits your needs.
- Pantry Drawers - Separated temperature zone for snacks and other items.
- Humidity Control - Custom humidity settings let you keep fruits and vegetables fresh longer.
- Temperature/Climate Control - Control the temperature of different areas of the fridge.
- Enhanced Lighting - Energy efficient LED lights help to find items on shelves, in bins or drawers.
- Door Alarms - Save energy and keep food fresh. Alarms sound if doors are not completely shut.
- Optional Panels - Easily match your kitchen dÃ©cor as your fridge blends in with your cabinetry.
- Door-in-Door Storage Access - Save energy as you only open one panel to get frequently sought after items.
Remember to measure! Do not purchase your new refrigerator only to find out you cannot fit it through your doorway, or into the spot you had planned in your kitchen. Allow for at least 1 inch on all sides for proper ventilation and be sure to take door swing into consideration.
Shop for your new refrigerator in Latham, Clifton Park, or Kingston, NY or browse our selection online. Worried about picking up your appliance? Our professional service team at Earl B. Feiden, Inc. can deliver appliances right to your home