Is it time for a new laundry dryer? Maybe it has been a while since you purchased a dryer or this is the first time you are buying one, so we wanted to help you make an informed decision. At Earl B. Feiden Appliances we carry the newest models, fully loaded with features adding functionality as well as energy saving and performance boosting settings. But, we understand that beyond the bells and whistles you really want a reliable drying machine that will get the job done for years to come.
We do understand that buying a new clothes dryer is an investment and one that will want to get the most value out of, here are a few things to consider when deciding what dryer will be best for your needs.
What You Need To Know Before Purchasing A Dryer
- How much space you have. Dryers come in a variety of sizes and styles, but no one wants to get their new dryer and then not have it fit in the space you have. Measure your space first, it will make the process much easier!
- Most dryers will be 27 inches wide, however, larger capacities can extend that width an additional 2-3 inches. Allow for an additional inch of space on both sides of the machine.
- Dryers may have gas hook ups and the will need to be ventilated properly. At least 6 inches behind the machine will be necessary to do so.
- If space is limited consider stackable options.
- Gas vs. Electric Dryers. Your choice may be a simple one here if you do not have a natural gas line to your house. However, if you do you may want to consider getting a gas dryer. Gas dryers perform faster as they heat up more quickly. Using gas (depending on your local utility rates) may be a cheaper long term clothes drying solution.
- A gas hook up and a 120-volt outlet will be required for a gas dryer.
- An electric dryer will require a 240-volt outlet.
- Electric dryers are cheaper up front, but Gas dryers save more energy and the price difference is usually made up within the first year of purchasing the machine.
Dryer Features and Performance
Dry your laundry more efficiently while protecting and preserving the life of your favorite garments.
- Sensor Dry: New sensor technology adjusts drying time according to how wet your laundry is.
- Express Dry: Increased airflow from large blowers helps laundry dry faster.
- Steam Cycle: A small amount of water is added to the dryer drum as your garments tumble with heat to remove odors and relax wrinkles in minutes.
- Eco Cycle: Clothing dryness is monitored to save energy. Some models will display the energy efficiency of different cycles.
- Delicate: Safely and gently dry lightweight or loosely woven garments using an ultra-low temperature.
- Sanitation: High Heat or Steam Cycles that can eliminate up to 99.9% of common household bacteria.
There are a variety of features that can make the chore of doing laundry a little easier as well:
- NSF Ratings: Healthy living is important, the National Sanitary Foundation rates machines on their ability to destroy allergens and bacteria.
- Extended Tumble: Keep clothes wrinkle free for a longer period of time with regular tumble intervals after the dry cycle is complete.
- Digital Display: Make your laundry room modern with digital displays that include child locks and digital countdowns.
- Drum Racks: Dry specific garments on this rack without the tumble.
- Vent Blocking Indicator: Never forget to clean out the dryer vent again.
Energy efficiency can be improved with a matching washer and dryer. Find your new washer here!
Shop for your new dryer in Latham, Clifton Park, or Kingston, NY or browse our selection online. Worried about picking up your new appliance? Our professional service team at Earl B. Feiden, Inc. can deliver appliances right to your home.